What is a booking?
Bookings are contracts for the trio to play for you at a particular time on a particular day. If you are interested
in booking the trio, please
We may have multiple bookings on the same day,
so it's a good idea to be sure about the exact time you'd like.
Weddings need special attention. A good rule of thumb for a wedding is to start
the booking time 20 minutes before the cermony start time, and plan for a one hour booking. For example,
if your wedding starts at 6 pm, book 5:40 - 6:40 pm. If your ceremony is expected to be longer than 25 minutes, you may want
to book a little more time- maybe just another quarter-hour. For wedding-only bookings, we give a
free quarter-hour grace period- for your peace of mind, and ours! The grace period is an extra 15 minutes after the
official end of your booking time, at no charge. It is intended for those unplanned, unpredictable events-
for example, at processional time, the 3 year old Ring Bearer insists on 1 more bathroom break,
the Flower Girl’s shoes need to be found & buckled on again.... We’ve found 99% of our weddings
end well within the grace period.
- Availability: Monday through Saturday, 9 am - 10 pm
- Geographic Availability: We prefer to stay within about an hour's drive of Charlottesville, VA
- Attire: standard black (black shirt, black slacks)
or concert black (suit or tuxedo for men, black dresses/slacks for women)
- Basic Fees: Bookings are by the hour, with a one hour minimum requirement; however additional time
may be added in quarter-hour increments; please contact us for current fees.
- Overtime Fees: These only apply when the group stays past the booked time at your request,
or past the grace period for a wedding.
- Travel Fees: When driving more than 25 minutes from the edge of Charlottesville, a travel fee applies.
- Rehearsal with vocalist: A 15-20 minute rehearsal just before event; small fee applies.
- Special Arrangements: by request - average fee is $50, varies with complexity of the arrangement. These are
hand-crafted musical arrangements for flute-violin-cello.